Since joining the Georgia Bar in 2004, Mr. Peacock has practiced in a number of different areas of the law, making him a well-rounded and versatile attorney. Mr. Peacock, who operated as a solo-practitioner just prior to becoming a Member of Ney Hoffecker Peacock & Hayle, has a varied and diverse practice. He represents clients in general business and estate matters, including: organization, operation, and dissolution of small businesses; contract preparation and negotiation; dispute resolution and business litigation; litigation of claims for professional/legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty; planning for estates and trusts; and probate and estate administration and litigation. For more information on Michael's practice, visit www.peacocklegal.com.
- General business matters (including organization, operation and dissolution of small businesses)
- Contract preparation and negotiation
- Estates, trusts, probate, and asset protection planning
- Probate and estate administration and litigation
- Dispute resolution and business litigation
- Litigation of claims for professional/legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty
- Sergio Zyman v. Timothy R. Pearson, Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia: Mr. Peacock represented Sergio Zyman, a well-known marketer who served as the first Chief Marketing Officer of The Coca-Cola Company, in litigation that arose as a result of the termination of defendant’s employment by Zyman Group, LLC, a marketing and consulting company created by Sergio Zyman that was purchased by MDC Partners Inc. (a Canadian corporation) in April 2005. In June 2011, the Court granted Mr. Zyman summary judgment on virtually every claim and issue in the litigation.
- GE Capital Equity Invs., Inc., et al. v. Alston & Bird LLP, et al., Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia: Mr. Peacock represented a consortium of venture capitalists (including Mellon Ventures and GE Capital Equity Investments) in a legal malpractice action brought against their attorneys, Alston & Bird LLP, arising out of mistakes made by A&B in drafting agreements that provided $16,250,000 in financing to Atlanta-based SecureWorks Inc., an Internet and computer-network security company (which Dell acquired in January 2011 for $612 million). The case settled in plaintiff’s favor for an undisclosed amount in 2011.
- In re TyCom Ltd. Sec. Litig., U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire, MDL 1335, Civil Action No. 03-CV-1352-PB: Mr. Peacock represented the Plaintiffs, investors who purchased or acquired Tycom stock, in a class action involving alleged securities fraud by Tycom and its parent company, Tyco. The Defendants settled for $79 million.
- Carpenters Health & Welfare Fund v. The Coca-Cola Co., et al., United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia: Mr. Peacock represented the Plaintiffs, investors who purchased stock in The Coca-Cola Company, in a class action involving alleged securities fraud by TCCC and its officers and directors. Coca-Cola settled for $137.5 million.
- Boston University, Bachelor of Arts in International Relations, magna cum laude, 2001
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor, with honors, 2004
- University of Georgia, Local Foods Certificate Program, 2013
Bar & Court Admissions:
- State Bar of Georgia
- United States Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- All Georgia trial and appellate Courts
- Stonewall Bar Association
Contact Michael Ryan Peacock: